Success Story: Electrical Energy
North Delhi Power Limited (NDPL) (India)
| ||Reduced installation time by 80%, OPEX on telecommunication by 90%, and maintenance costs
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- NDPL is a joint venture created in 2002 by Tata Power and the Government of NCT of Delhi as part of a privatization process.
- They are recognized as a reference, a technical and an opinion leader in India.
- NDPL serves over 1,000,000 customers with a daily supply of an average 17 BWh.
Customer objective and constraints:
- Help to localise faults and remotely operate switches in order to reduce outage duration
- Fast to install and easy to access and maintain the Field RTUs.
- The solution has to be adapted to the "existent" networks and with non Schneider Electric Equipment.
- Lack of skilled field staff to maintain Remote Terminal Units (RTU).
- Security of communication network.
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):
- Site survey and fact collection (Which RMU, configuration, Mounting arrangement, Cable length etc.).
- Prototype development with customized cabinets.
- Installation, configuration and final integration tests with SCADA.
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...):
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- Short delivery time
- A full complete offer including supply, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Adaptability of our products to non Schneider Electric MV equipment.
- Ability to capture latent problems with existing solutions and added value.
- Excellent relationship.
- Sensitive to customer needs.
- Good homework and trials to overcome experience issues.
- Emphasize on total cost of ownership and ease of use.
- After sales support and hand-holding
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors:
- Instalaltion : four hours of downtime (at RMUs including motor installation) against 2 days for Siemens.
- ABB could not demonstrate effective communication on GPRS and insisted on CDMA with very high OPEX (20 times).
- Safety & Security:
Proven & reliable solution with high degree of safety (Limited skilled staff) and data security.
- Reduce outage & improve consumer satisfaction:
Introduce redundancies and reduce the down time during faults.
Create infrastructure to implement Automated Outage Management System.
Low operational cost in terms of Communication rentals, Maintenance & Troubleshooting.
Least or no reflection on tariff (Regulator pressure on ARR).
Low down time during implementation
Faster implementation on entire live network to capitalize faster on investment (Regulator pressure)