Success Story: Marine
Knutsen OAS Shipping AS (China)
Integrated total solution from MV to LV Switchboards including customised MV Motor Starters with seamless connection
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
Customer profile:Knutsen OAS Shipping has 80 years' extensive experience as a tanker operator.
This Norwegian company operates one of the most sophisticated modern fleets of purpose-built shuttle tankers, chemical carriers and product tankers worldwide for a total of 39 ships. In addition, they ordered 11 vessels currently under construction.
Customer objective and constraints:
The world's main oil and petrochemical companies are demanding high-tech and reliable solutions . Knutsen OAS Shipping strictly meets these requirements from design to ship operation.
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):
- October 2007: Knutsen OAS Shipping and COSCO Shipyard Group signed the 2 vessels contract.
Duration:3 Years from 2008 to 2010
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...):
- Total solution from MV to LV Electrical Distribution and Motor Starter, which is focused on people safety and operation reliability,
- 9 MCSets + 12 Motorpacts under 6600V and 27 MB301M + 15 Power Distribution boards under 440V/220V per ship.
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
Customer benefits:- Single entry point at the solution supplier
- Easy Maintenance and Worldwide Service Support for the whole Electrical Distribution System
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors:- Type Tested Approval (TTA) MCSet, MotorPact and MB301M equipment to ensure maximum people safety and operation reliability,
- Integrated and unique MV Motor Starter Offer,
- On time response and modification proposal to meet and exceed customers' requirements and expectations.
- Compact and Integrated MV Motor Starter consisting of 4 units of single speed Bow Thrusters and 3 units of double speed Oil Pumps under 6600V,
- Easy Maintenance and worldwide Service Support for the whole Electric Distribution System.