- Alfred Gerard develops the product that gave Clipsal its name, an adjustable, one size “clips all” metal conduit fitting.
- The company achieves several manufacturing breakthroughs, including the first all-Australian electrical switch.
- Clipsal pioneers thermoplastics and develops the world's first PVC cord top, vertical combination switched socket and more.
- Clipsal begins exporting to Asia and benefits from the popularity of its E Series accessories throughout the region.
- Clipsal continues to expand on the strength of many innovative products, reaching its market-leading position.
- A division of Clipsal launches the C-Bus product range and accompanying protocol used in building and home automation.
- Schneider Electric acquires Clipsal, strengthening its position in Asia-Pacific as well as in the market of electrical accessories and data communications.