Switchgear for Transformer Substations in Wind Farms
36 kV switchgears for transformer substations in wind farms
DVCAS switchgears functional groups have been designed as compact units, and built as the union of modular switchgears.
Each of the modular functions is composed of:
- Metal base frame
- Operating mechanism and relay compartment
- MV cable compartment
- Stainless steel, gas-tight cubicle which uses SF6 gas as insulating medium and houses the busbar system and the breaking devices.
General electrical/Constructive data:
- Frequency Hz 50
- Rated voltage kV 36
- Insulation level
>Power frequency withstand voltage kV 70
>Lightning impulse withstand voltage kV peak 170
- Rated current of the main busbar A 630
- Short time withstand current kA/s 20/3
- Short circuit breaking current capacity kA 20
- Short circuit making capacity kA peak 50
- Internal arc withstand IAC AFL kA/1s 20
- Degree of protection
>HV compartment IP 67
>LV and operating mechanism compartment IP 3X
- SF6 gas pressure at 20ºC bar 0.3
For other values, please consult Schneider Electric.
The Wind Main Unit
Choosing DVCAS switchgears ensures installations safety through the experience of a world leader in the field of wind power.
Experience in wind farms
- More than 8200 transformer substations
- More than 450 collecting substations
- More than 10500 MW.
Advantages of the DVCAS range
- Maximum availability: service continuity
- Minimum width: < 600 mm
- Maximum safety conditions for staff personnel
- Environment insensitivity: SF6 insulation
- Certificates: IEC
- Approved quality: ISO 9001:2000
- Environmentally friendly: ISO 14001:2004
- Simple installation
- DVCAS switchgears have been specifically designed to meet all the needs of networks up to 36 kV, inside wind farms.
- These DVCAS switchgears can be installed in wind farms up to 2000 m over the sea level.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ