Plant Operation Vijeo Historian, is the information management component of PlantStruxure™ architecture. It comprises the historian and portal functionalities of the solution, enabling you to accurately store data while connecting your production and business systems through its active data transfers and simple, easy-to-use reporting.
Plant Operation Vijeo Historian is now part of the StruxureWare software applications and suites.
StruxureWare is the brand name identifying Schneider Electric’s various software applications and suites to drive business performance while conserving enterprise resources.
Vijeo Historian, is the information management component of PlantStruxure™, the new Process Automation system of Schneider Electric. It comprises the historian and portal functionalities of the solution, enabling you to accurately store data while connecting your production and business systems through its active data transfers and simple, easy-to-use reporting.
- Business systems integration : Vijeo Historian reduces the complexity and cost of bridging the divide between senior management and plant operations through its simple, easy-to-use interface and its active data transfers that push data from the control systems up to the business systems.
- An open data store : Vijeo Historian utilises 100% Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 as its embedded historical data store. Its open, industry-standard technology and trusted security integrate effortlessly into your business in a way that lowers your total cost of ownership.
- Enterprise-wide reporting : Vijeo Historian comes with a standard set of pre-configured reports, simplifying basic alarm and tag reporting. The combination of a powerful reporting tool and Process Analyst makes it easier for you to make sense of the huge volumes of process data.
- Alarm management : Vijeo Historian provides preconfigured alarm rationalization reports based on the EEMUA (Engineering Equipment & Materials Users Association) 191 alarm management guidelines. It helps ensure your plant’s alarm system is effective throughout the life of the plant.
- Going ‘green’ with the energy reports : Vijeo Historian provides energy reports that help you perform a comprehensive energy assessment of your plant to determine how much energy is being consumed and how much could potentially be saved.
Our SCADA & MES Global Support offers exclusive online technical support for support customers. Please contact your local Schneider Electric Representative for more information on these great benefits
New features in 4.50 :
Simplified & Automated Installation Process
- The installation process of Vijeo Historian is now packaged in an umbrella installer that automates the verification of prerequisites, as well installation of all necessary components.
Central Navigation Console
- A new central navigation console, along with a single Historian desktop icon that launches the console, providing a single point of entry to the most frequently used features
Historian Enquire for Microsoft Excel Support
- Historian Enquire for Microsoft Excel now includes tag item and alarm data support
SQL® 2012 Support
- Vijeo Historian is now compatible with SQL Server® 2012, and backward compatible with SQL Server® 2008 R2
- Vijeo Historian has adopted the standard StruxureWare look and feel to deliver a simple and consistent user experience.
Using plant data to meet your business needs
- Collects, historicizes and delivers meaningful reporting data from multiple, disparate systems
- Access accurate and timely plant data while translating it into relevant and actionable information
- A low-risk, low capital investment, open system solution
- Easy to configure and maintain, and leverages familiar, supported Microsoft technologies
- Help make more effective decisions while optimizing operational performance
- Help reduce errors and waste as well as increase quality, improve return on assets and profit margins
- Business managers can view meaninful, rolled-up production system information from the plant floor in a similar reporting format to typical financial or business reports. This can assist them in making strategic decisions for operational performance.
- Plant managers can drill down into information on prohibitors to improve production efficiency or eliminate spurious alarms.
- Corporate and plant personnel can quickly and easily create and access meaningful reports in a familiar format and create a single view of operations.